Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Selections

I gave you six college football picks on Saturday and nailed my upset special of Iowa over Michigan.....today I give you six NFL predictions.

- Steelers over Ravens. Pittsburgh can't be happy with the way the matchup during Week 1 went as Baltimore smacked the Steelers around. Steelers return the favor 21-10.
- Saints over Bucs. New Orleans played one of their worst games in a long time last week in a loss at the Rams. It won't happen again as the Saints win 38-20.
- Jets over Bills. Buffalo has had a magical season so far but the Jets will put a stop to that trend with a 16-13 win.
- Patriots over Giants. With Bradshaw likely out for the Giants, this limits their chances in what will be a high-scoring affair. Brady goes for 400 in a 45-24 win.
- 49ers over Redskins. This has big-time blowout written on it to me. Redskins can't score right now and won't this week either. Give me San Francisco 27-0.
- Chargers over Packers. This is my upset pick, I don't know why I'm picking it either but some reason I sense Rivers goes nuts and San Diego wins 31-27.

Fantasy Player of the Day: Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden
I brought up Weeden yesterday and goes out to throw for 501 yards with four touchdowns as the third-ranked Cowboys avoided the upset from 14th-ranked Kansas State with a 52-45 win.

Matchup to Watch: Baltimore at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. (CT), NBC
Be sure you have turned your clock back and watch a brutal rivalry's next act.

This Date in History: Nov. 6, 1995
I've brought up the Ravens twice now, well here is number 3. Art Modell announced on this date that his Cleveland Browns would move to Baltimore. The Ravens have won a Super Bowl since the move and I'm sure Edgar Allen Poe is proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment